Friday, August 27, 2010

...a new day


thanking God today for a lovely new day....with a clean slate.....and a fresh outlook. Well, I think I can safely say that things are beginning to feel like they are falling into a bit of a routine. We are beginning to understand what our responsibilities are & I am afraid I might regret complaining about being bored as our "to do" list is really starting to grow....but it is a good feeling. Keith & Kathy are back from holiday and he has a nice long list of things for Ben to work at (which makes Ben very happy). He can only stand so much studying time per day & even though that is a large part of his ministry..preaching, teaching...etc. It feels good for him to be able to get out and work with his hands, which is a gift that he enjoys.  I am really being inspired with ways to add a personal touch to our home & make it me....but there really are not resources around here so I am trying to learn how to make something beautiful out of nothing....i will let you know how that goes :) Other than that there are the typical day to day things that need done cooking, baking, cleaning, sewing. yeah you heard me right... I sewed my first complete solo dress this past week & I actually enjoyed it. :) Plus we are often having children stop by through out the day asking for water and just wanting some time and attention. We have taken over Bible Clubs in Peterfield (otherwise known as "The Hole") that were started by Erlis' and we had our first solo attempt at that this past monday also. I won't even tell you how that went...just say I came home ready to pack my bags. :) It will just be a journey to know how to handle BAD attitudes, disrespect and all that good stuff. But it my desire to find JOY in the journey!  My joy cannot be based on how things go but rather in knowing that I have received the beautiful gift of salvation & have a Heavenly Father who loves me and is walking beside me every step of the way! He never promised that this journey would be easy, but he DID promise that he is in control and will guide us as we seek His face.

1 comment:

  1. reflecting on your last visit in Peterfield, the thought I am thinking is that you may grow more than the children through this :)
    I am sure April would have lots of good advice for how to handle bad attitudes and lack of respect.

    ReplyDelete