Monday, September 6, 2010

..little of this...some of that

Well September 6, 2010  means labor day for most people but for us it means that a month ago we had packed the last of our boxes...said our last goodbyes...and headed out into the great unknown. It truly is hard to believe that it has been a month since we left our friends and family & set flight for Grenada. It has been a good month in alot of ways. It has also been a stretching month. We have met alot of new people...learned alot of good lessons....trusted in an all-knowing God. As i look back on it all i can truly say that God is so Good. I think I've learned anew what it really means to rely fully on God. At times we felt so small...so helpless..but that, I believe, is when God can receive all the honor & glory through our lives. When we know that anything good that has possibly come out of our lives, was of God. Today is also the first day of school here in Grenada, so things will probably settle into a new normal for us once again...a good normal. :) Dengue fever has also been spreading here in Laborie especially....first Pastor Erlis had it...then Pastor Nevin had it and still has it since last Monday....and now it looks like Keith might have it :( We are hoping and praying that Ben don't get it yet, cuz that would wipe out all of the men in Laborie) Please pray for healing for those who have it now...Nevin has been very sick...spent some time in the hospital because of dehydration...i think it is getting rather old for them. They say...first you feel like you are going to die & then you wish you could die... Some people don't get it nearly as bad as others, but I think Nevin has had a pretty severe case of it. 

Here are some of Larry & Lystra's cute kiddos:

Sheldene




Wisem (sp?)

MaKayla

 Isaiah

Love me some tropical plants.. .. Ben & John were trimming bushed at the girls' house so I helped myself to some of these beauties...


...another project that i have been working on:


I had gotten this vinyl word at an uppercase living party before we even knew if we were coming to Grenada for sure....then i thought it would be an easy to travel with piece of art, but the more I thought about it I just coulnd't hang it directly on the wall, cuz that was that...once it is on you can't transfer it & who knows how long we will be living in this house.. so I got a piece of plywood....painted white....sanded the edges slightly...stuck my word on...& done. Now i can take it with me wherever I go :) I was thinking of drilling  2 holes in the top & putting baler twine through to hang it on a nail....we shall see. Now I am trying to decide whether to hang it in the bedroom (which was my original idea, but it has a pinkish, purple wall) or in the living room where it would match alot better. But would the word "dream" be to tacky to hang in the living room? I dunno.....


...and a little "love"....

1 comment:

  1. aww... great sight Jess! love, love your decorating ideas:) keep your head up and give it your ALL. luv u!

    ReplyDelete